Friday, January 18, 2013

How to do Crayon Art!

Hi, so most likely you have seen those super cool, super creative, and super incredible pieces of art with crayons melting on them. and if you haven't that sucks. However since I feel sorry for you here are a couple pictures of their awesomeness.





Isn't that awesome! Someone took a cool idea and created something amazing! And guess what the coolest part is...... you ready? The coolest part is that you can do it too!
I think its so cool that people can come up with these crazy ideas and you guys can do them too! That's my favorite part about art, the fact that someone can come up with a simple thought that works and then everyone can do it. So why shouldn't you?
Its actually a really simple idea!
I personally haven't done it yet but I saw it and I was so pumped to do it and I wanted to share the idea with you, because like I said why shouldn't you do it? Its only four steps! By my estimate I think it might take like 30-80 minutes (including drying time). 
Sorry for blabbing about stuff for so long but nevertheless let's get right to it!
So after all that waiting here it is!

What you need:
-Some art paper or a canvas (or regular paper if you don't have any of that) 
-Crayons (The more the better!)
-Glue (enough for your crayons)
-A Hair dryer
How to:
Step One) This is really simple, but it will take a lot of time! All you have to do is glue it down with the crayon tip facing the bottom, and make sure it is TOTALLY DRY before you do anything! You might have to wait a little but that's okay!
Step Two) Now assuming you waited until it was dry, we shall proceed (I sound old ;D hehe) ok, now all you have to do for Step Two is lean your paper at an angle. Some sites sugest putting it on a corkscrew board
Step Three) Time to get out the big guns! Just kidding, all you have to do is just grab your hair dryer. Okay Now we get into the tough stuff, Put your blow dryer on high and blow where you want it. Don't worry if it doesn't turn out perfect on your first try, its ok! You can restart any time you want!
Step Four) Now this is very simple all I want you to do is turn the hair dryer off, step back, and let the wax dry! It should take less then 10 mins but let it take its time! 
You've done as much as you can do let it work its wax magic and then you can admire the piece of art you have created!
There are many ways to do Melted Crayon Art, maybe you might want to just start out with a normal one like the last one, and then you can try to do another design perhaps a harder concept!

I hope you try it out and mot importantly have fun! I'm sure you guys will make fabulas designs as you progress and even on your first try! If you want I would greatly appreciate if you posted your beautiful designs below, I would love to see them! Again, I would like to say have fun and Good Luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment